Winter in Minnesota is fun, and Checkpoint MN is the perfect way to get out and explore the state this season!
In its third year, this statewide scavenger hunt is sponsored by Explore Minnesota and runs from December 3 to January 31!
There are 10 checkpoint signs at iconic destinations across Minnesota. Participants earn prizes by traveling to checkpoints, taking a photo of themselves with the sign and uploading it to social media. Make sure to use the hashtag #OnlyinMN!
The checkpoints this year are:
- Lowell Park in Stillwater
- Zumbrota Covered Bridge in Zumbrota
- August Schell Brewing Company in New Ulm
- TCF Bank Stadium at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis
- Cuyuna State Recreation Area in Crosby-Ironton
- World’s Largest Free Standing Hockey Stick & Puck in Eveleth
- Voyageurs National Park at the Rainy Lake Visitors Center in International Falls
- Mille Lacs Kathio State Park in Onamia
- Hopperstad Stave Church at the Hjemkomst Center in Moorhead
- Arctic Cat, Inc. in Thief River Falls
Get more details about the Checkpoint MN scavenger hunt here!