TOP 10 REASONS to VISIT the BIG STONE LAKE AREA!
1. Lakes…Big Stone Lake in Ortonville and Toqua Lake in Graceville have a lot to offer: fishing, recreation or just chilling in a boat or on the beautiful shores of the lakes.
2. Golf Courses…Ortonvilles’ 18-Hole Golf Course and Gracevilles’ 9-Hole Golf Course. Both are challenging courses with restaurants and carts available.
3. Parks…Several state parks, and parks with playgrounds on both lakes in the County, plus many others in surrounding towns!
4. Shopping…Who doesn’t like to shop? All of the communities have a variety of shops
for all of your needs: from Hardware to Specialty, we can help you out!!
5. Eating…We all have to eat, and we have a wide variety of eating establishments, from
supper clubs to fast food specialty coffee and breakfast options. We have it all!!
6. Big Stone County Museum…Have you ever wondered why and where to find out
facts about the area? They have the answers at the museum and lots of other
educational info also!
7. Big Stone National Wildlife Refuge…Take a walk or drive and you are guaranteed to
see wildlife in our refuge! Go Bird Watching too!!
8. Art and Culture…We have that covered! With so much local talent, just look around
and you can see it!!
9. Community Festivals…Our communities have Annual Festivals that are great fun for people of all ages. All are very family oriented! Ortonville’s Lake Days & Cornfest, Graceville Toqua Days, Clinton Days, Odessa celebrates the “4th of July”, Big Stone City “Inkpa Days/Firemen’s Appreciation Day”, and Beardsley Day. For many years, Ortonville hosted Bike MS.
10. Hunting…We have deer, pheasants, ducks, geese and other waterfowl!!